Sunday, December 02, 2012

Wishes and Dreams

     I tried so hard not to let a single tear escape my eyes last Sunday during the service at church. The preacher talked about making wishes and what they were intended for and what we planned to do with the wish if it was granted. Ooooooh he had no idea that what he was talking about would have such an impact to me! And today only seemed like reinforcement.

     When we brought Brooke home from Thailand so many years ago we had hoped our next adoption would be a little boy. Last year we adopted Aniah and I have hoped for that little boy all along. It seemed my dream extended out a bit to include a special needs boy or brothers from Taiwan. International adoption is sooooo expensive and we know there is no way we can afford to do it again. But God can! Last Sunday morning I sat in that seat at church and made a birthday wish.....last Sunday was my birthday and although I had no cake or candles I felt I was still allowed a wish. I remember one time as a child I wished we would stop moving so I could make friends. Little did I know, God intended for me to be married before I could stop moving all over the United States! My husband was tailor made to provide stability and security for me. I figure wishes do come true after all because I have so many friends it still amazes me!

     I know the sermon was geared toward Christmas but wouldn't it have double significance if it was my birthday too?! So I bowed my head and closed my eyes and with a smile I asked God for a son (or sons!). I don't know what His answer will be, I just know my own heart and what I desire most.

     When we got back from Thailand almost a year ago I began saving change to adopt again. I have such a small amount saved that at times it's so discouraging. And then I perk up and think "Well, I have enough to pay for the application to an adoption agency!" I began asking friends to donate things I can sell to help fund our adoption. We have recieved items from Thailand, Finland, Pakistan, Ghana, some Native American items, and some beaded spoons and wishing jars I have made myself. I am hoping to start a blog with the items for sale to help fund our adoption of a special needs boy or boys from Taiwan.

     So close your eyes and smile..... and make a WISH! Merry Christmas, everyone. May all your dreams come true :)