Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Smiles Meant For Heaven

Okay, so today I will spend the rest of the day smiling the biggest, dummest smile I can manage. Today I received a card from my teenager!!!! I don't know whose address it is, who sent it (trying to find that part out now), and who cared enough for us to make sure it was sent to us....but it was a thrilling moment for me. So many wonderful things have been happening the last few days I feel as if my heart will explode at any moment!

I was out changing the sprinkler in our yard when I felt the mailbox nearly shouting for my attention. I looked up and sighed, and headed for it. We've been getting bills the last few days (it's that time of the month) and I really didn't want to check the mail at all. I pulled out a sale paper and brown envelope and thought hmmmm this looks like more fun than the sale paper. And then I flipped it over to read who it was from. My heart nearly stopped when I read the name at the top of the return address. Nok. I couldn't breathe! The world rocked backward for a moment and tipped sideways and then my heart kickstarted and began pounding and I rushed back to the house. When I reached the steps I thought to myself "I am going to enjoy every single moment of this. I don't know what's in it, but I know I will love it". So I took myself to my relaxing basket swing and slowly opened the envelope. A card. It's orange (I love orange) and it has a bright yellow flower with a light orange center pasted on as well as a light green leaf with dark green "veins". The stem was drawn on with a marker. A single sheet of white paper is attached to the inside with some stickers (a smiley face and a heart!) and written inside are the words:

smile
because
I
love you

from Nok

And the tears of joy and delight flowed so easily right along w/ Thanksgiving and Praise to my Creator. I lifted my face to heaven and gave Him my biggest smile and said "Thank You".

No comments: