Sunday, September 10, 2006

Climbing Back Out

I started breathing again although very cautiously. I think I'm afraid to be happy now...afraid something else is going to happen. By 1:15 on Thursday we had gotten a call back saying everything was going to be ok. Immigration has decided they're going to be ok with us bringing our daughter back, although we may face a bit of resistance and maybe some troubles at finalization. While we were waiting to hear back from our agency on the immigration issue, the seats for either of the flights we needed booked up very fast. We're hoping our agent calls tomorrow with tickets that fit our needs. As soon as he does I am booking them haha!

So, right now, I'm thinking of things that need to be done before we go. I made directions to all the places that would need to be visited. Just in case the people staying here need them. I am buying extra stuff like dog food, toilet paper and Mac N Cheese. Can't be running out of things like that! Making sure things are flowing well and hopefully I won't forget anything when we leave!

We received a pleasant surprise today! Nok's English teacher sent us some pictures and a nice long email about her. It was so exciting and we were thrilled to get it! Our girl is growing up so fast and we aren't even there to see it! But, we're leaving in less than 3 weeks and we'll have all that time after we pick her up to get to know her.

Cody has decided to measure herself against my height. She's decided she's as tall as my armpit. Hmmm.....could be an interesting concept. I can just see our next visit to the doctor for a checkup "Ok, Cody, step on the scale. Wonderful! It looks like you're 1/16th of your mommy's current weight! Now let's check your height. Oh my goodness! You are growing like a weed! You're already armpit high!"

Yeah, I'm in a great mood tonight!

No comments: