Friday, September 15, 2006

When the Storms Pass

When will the insanity stop! I hope everything is fixed now. Every time I get happy something bad happens. We had applied for a grant quite a while back and had requested $1,000 but had actually thought we wouldn't get it. I contacted the grant agency several weeks ago and I guess they realized we were serious. They requested tons of paperwork including our home study. And that's when our problems started up again.

To make a long story short, our previous agency had some unethical practices so we left them and got special permission from the state to contract to an agency for post placement services only. Our dossier, including our home study, had already gotten state approval as well as approval from USCIS and Thailand. We were ready to go. Then, our agency had suddenly decided they wanted an outrageous sum of money for things we had paid for out of our pockets. They said they were revoking our home study. No one seemed to think they could actually do that since everything was already finished! We didn't want any trouble w/ them so we struck a deal. They called at 9pm Wednesday to negotiate and came up at 11am Thursday to update our home study and revalidate the original. We felt really good about it and they left happy as well.

Then I called the grant agency to see if we got the grant. Not only did they award it but they awarded $2,000 instead of just $1,000!!!!! I'd like to think they based their decision solely on my honesty and our great need for this money before we go! I felt on top of the world! Our plane tickets are paid for, we should be getting those paper tickets by FedEx in the next few days and will receive our updated home study sometime mid-next week. I'm still afraid to smile or be too excited but I can't help feeling happy again. We leave in two weeks.

While all of this was going on, Monday through Thursday of this week, I felt lost. I felt so hopeless and begged God to give me the faith that moves mountains. He instilled peace in my spirit but my heart still pounded and my stomach was in knots. I had gone to the church at one point to drop some stuff off and no one was there. When I entered the sanctuary I felt my Creator calling me to kneel before Him and tell Him all my troubles. I did. I knelt down and began speaking to Him and crying. I laid across the steps and I wept. For 20 minutes my spirit cried for peace and hope and when I stood up I felt like everything was going to be ok. I went on w/ my day, wondering what would happen to us but knowing in my heart it would all work out. Yesterday, I went a bit early to pick up Cody from school just so I could drop by God's house for a few moments. Again, no one was there. I knelt, this time w/ a happy heart and a peaceful spirit and I simply said "Thanks!" I told my Friend what I was thankful for and thanked Him again for giving me the faith that not only moved a mountain, but moved my spirit too. Just a closer Walk With Thee.....

When I went back out to my vehicle I turned back toward the church and smiled and said "Thanks for being home so we could talk. I enjoyed it." And He said He did too. He told me to come back soon....and He promised He'd be there.

No comments: