Monday, September 18, 2006

Peace and Calm

Peace. It's been a peaceful weekend and we finally celebrated! It felt good to be content and at peace that we're going to Thailand and everything is working out just fine! I am making final arrangements for everything from Cody's school schedule to our domestic tickets while in Thailand!

Last night I was tucking Cody in bed and she said "Mom, when are you going to get my sister?" She knows travel is coming up pretty soon and she's been getting clingy. I assured her it would be soon and she wanted to know what day Gramma was coming to stay with her and what day we were leaving. I told her and she said "OK, good night!". This morning she comes bursting out of the bathroom (she was looking at the calendar) and says "Mom! Guess what!? GramMarcia will be here in 10 days and you are leaving to get my sister in 11 days!" Of course, I was both shocked and surprised that she knew what day today was and what day we were leaving! I had shown her once last week but didn't think she would really pay attention. But, I think in her mind she thinks we will be gone a day or two and then we'll be back. I think it will be a long three weeks......

No comments: